lb. max. gross take-off weight
-2750 mile range
-4 Pratt & Whitney R-4360 Engines (3500hp)
The last of the Clippers to
carry radio operators.
Trippe ordered a fleet of 20
B77s on November 28, 1945 and put the first one into service April 1, 1949 on the
San Francisco-Honolulu route.
B377s were civilian versions
of the B29 bomber and used extensively in World War II. It featured a lower deck
lounge / cocktail bar, a luxury many travelers
wish were still included in today’s aircraft.
After Pan Am’s merger with American Overseas
Airlines there was a total of 28 B377’s.
This aircraft logged
7,500,000,000 passenger miles before retiring to make way for jets.
Click on below images for larger view